Jordan

As I stepped on the luscious, green grass and stared ahead, there he was. I walked forward, my mouth twitching into a smile. The wind was whispering to me and as it flew off, it tried to take my hair with it, but instead my hair flicked onto my face, hiding my less than perfect smile but he didn’t seem to mind. He came closer and my cheeks flushed pink. I’ve known him so long but it feels like just today I stared into his twinkling, emerald eyes and felt like I was falling out of the sky until he catches me in his soft, golden arms and we walk off into the sunset living happily, ever after. We finally met.
“Hi” I said, weak and uncertain.
He smiled as he gently pushed my streaming, but now tangled brown hair behind my ear. I looked away and bit my lip happily.
Is this what I think it is? I thought, Is this love?

We flung onto the grass and held each other’s hand. Between us was a single red rose. The bud was dark red and its stem was seaweed green. The bud had tiny droplets sliding down it and as he picked it out of the ground and slid it behind my ear, the droplets who were clinging on, consumed defeat and dropped into the grass.

I sat up and looked around. Just then I saw a white bike, glistening in the sun.
“You like it?” He asked me as he winked.
I laughed so hard drops of tears rolled down my cheeks.
“Jordan, you didn’t,” I paused for a while,
“Did you?”
Jordan stood up. I watched him wide eyed as he climbed on the bike.
“You coming?” He asked as he smiled.
I bit my lip.
“Why wouldn’t I!” I cried cheerfully as I jogged over. I stopped suddenly.
“Where do I sit?”
He looked at the handlebars for a long time, then glanced at me.
Without a second thought, I swiftly climbed on the handles and as I parked on the bars he rode off.
It was beautiful, it was romantic, it was perfect.

We reached our destination as I climbed off the handle bars and squeezed Jordan’s hand.
We fell to the ground as I stared out at the view. It was striking. There was a blue lake illuminating under the sun which was turning into a sun set. Around us were exotic plants different colours and shapes.
I could smell the freshness of the air.

We snuggled up as the sun slowly slid down and disappeared behind the lake. Jordan stared in to my eyes and I felt like he put his hand through my body, grabbed my soul and kissed it but instead he lightly pressed his lips against my cheek. I smiled then gripped him and compassionately pushed my lips against his. It was such a long time, I was in heaven.
I t was so magical……and it was love.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!