Haunt Of The Vivid Green Eyes

Heratio crept into the darkness. Car headlights flicked on and off repeatedly, sending flashes of light darting across the parklands. A moaning sound reached his ears. As he listened to the eerie noise, his hands trembled. He sensed danger and could feel the presence of someone nearby, lurking in the shadows. An eerie sensation rushed through his body. Shivers ran down his spine. The chill stung his face.

The atmosphere was tense; waiting to be broken and turned into horror. The leaves rustled, and the wind whipped through Heratio’s hair. He fearfully gripped the fence, not knowing what was lurking in the shadows ready to creep out and pounce. An eerie sensation rushed through his body. Shivers ran down his spine. The chill stung his face.

Looking in the direction of his car, debating whether to escape, Heratio’s thoughts were interrupted by a sudden cry for help. He later realised the cries were coming from his own mouth. Unable to comprehend what had just occurred, he staggered off towards his Mercedes Benz. An eerie sensation rushed through his body. Shivers ran down his spine. The chill stung his face.

A sudden tug from behind, stopped Heratio in his tracks. Another cry erupted from his mouth. His reaction knocked the enemy to the ground with a thud and crack. Startled, Heratio spun around in time to catch a glimpse of his enemy…pale coloured with vivid green eyes. An eerie sensation rushed through his body. Shivers ran down his spine. The chill stung his face.

Vivid green eyes…visions kept returning to his mind. Block it out, he told himself numerous times. Act strong and be brave. Nothing can defeat you. Only for a second Heratio felt safe. Sure enough, the insecure feeling returned. Why didn’t you run you stupid idiot, a voice inside his head was screaming at him. It was following him…the attacker was following him! An eerie sensation rushed through his body. Shivers ran down his spine. The chill stung his face.

There was a clanging of chains and shuffling of feet. An icy cold wind was blowing down his neck. He could hear panting and almost feel a heartbeat. His mouth opened to scream, no noise. He tried in vain to dart away. The chain was wrapped firmly around his wrist. He tried to kick himself free, he tried every possible way to escape. No success, he was trapped. The last breath of the icy cold wind breathed down his neck; then it disappeared. An eerie sensation rushed through his body. Shivers ran down his spine. The chill stung his face.

It was gone, he could run. He launched forth; the haunting eyes were back. I’m watching you and I will come back and get you. Cold, heavy fingers joined together around his neck, pressing inwards intensely. Tears rolled down his face and splashed on the pavement. The ghostly figure disappeared. An eerie sensation rushed through his body. Shivers ran down his spine. The chill stung his face.


Tiarne Rohrlach
Year 10, Keith Area School
Teacher: Andrew Cousins

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!