Faith

Allahu Akbar
Allah is great
Ash-hadu an la ilaha illallah
I bear witness that there is no deity except Allah
Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah
Hayya 'ala?-?alah
Make haste towards prayer and religion
Hayya 'alal- falah
Make haste towards welfare
A?-?alatu khayru min an-nawm
Prayer is better than sleep
Allahu Akbar
Allah is the greatest
La ilaha illallah
There is no deity except Allah
The flickering rays of the sun touched my somnolent eyes. And here we go again; the tension started spreading over my mind. The billions of neurons in my brain stimulated electrically, rewinding my thoughts and showing my very same dream. The same old feeling came back and I felt estranged in my own square room.
It’s amazing how quickly this spinal reflex works and commands me everyday to turn off the alarm. I was wrapped up in my blanket, still wondering how did I get here. Oh yes, I remember I was on page 76 of my chemistry book, trying to fathom Schrödinger’s electronic configurations. Precisely, I slept and dad must have plunked me on the bed. I am considered infatuated for studying. I am considered obtuse for having a religion. It used be the call for prayer that helped me get up but now it’s this loyal alarm. I do miss those holy words sometimes.
My energy is all sucked up in after school help sessions, homework, schoolwork, UMAT and facebook’s Islamic discussions that ameliorate my Islamic knowledge and positive contribution of Muslims in this world.
It is scandalising to hear a ‘good’ phrase from a woman when it comes to Islam and women rights. But I am a living example. The founder of my homeland once said:
~“We are victims of evil customs. It is a crime against humanity that our women are shut up within the four walls of the houses as prisoners. There is no sanction anywhere for the deplorable condition in which our women have to live.” ~
~“No nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you.” ~Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
These mesmerising, yet pungent words of Qaid-e-Azam began a new era for women in the East. And was applied in action by the great Benazir Bhutto;
~“You can imprison a man, but not an idea. You can exile a man, but not an idea. You can kill a man, but not an idea.” ~
They can torment me, taunt me and kick my tenuous body on the dry sandy ground but they cannot purloin my dreams. I had faith in my benevolent, merciful God, who created me for good and I will prove to him that I can be good.
I am always fretful and shall be till these two strenuous final years of high school. Thus, I must not abjure at any point. Reflecting the words of Professor Al Gore;
~“No matter how hard the loss, defeat might serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out.”~
They laugh at me today but they will regret it tomorrow.
~“One person has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days; but it is the person who has it for 30 years who makes a success of their life.”~ Edward B. Butler.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!