Never Look Back!

Palms were sweating, hands were shaking, heart was beating harder than ever before. It was coming: I could feel one’s presence in my room.
The room was pitch black. I walked cautiously towards the window. Slowly I opened the shutters, they creaked with every millimetre I moved them. There was a full moon – people always say that the full moon sends people crazy. That’s what was happening, I was going crazy. I was imagining these feelings. No one else was in the room: I was all alone – all alone. I don’t know what I would rather.
I went to close the shutters, but something stopped me, something I saw out of the corner of my eye. The window was fogging up. A cold frost was forming on the inside of the window, this was impossible. It was summer, and it was 38°C inside. I carefully studied the frost. It seemed to be trying to tell me something. I looked even close. The letters were clear now: “Your turn to run!”
I could hardly move. What does this mean? I took the advice that someone was trying to give me. Tim to run! I paced quickly to the front door. I felt someone watching my every move. I was just waiting for all this to come to an end. I reached the door and the handle was cold; it felt as though it had been chilled on ice. It was sending chills down my spine; either that or I was just more horrified that ever before.
I managed to control my fear, at least until I got outside that is, the frost was appearing again. This time it was on the car windows. I didn’t want to stay around to see what it said. Unfortunately, I caught a glimpse of the front window. “Run far away, I am behind you!” My mind was spinning, millions of thoughts were in there at once and I could not control it. I couldn’t look back; must keep going forward.
I ran, not turning back, I just kept running. The night sky was lit up by the moon, but shadows were being cast in front of it. I took a moment to gaze into the night sky, to see what the shadows were. They were fascinating. I suddenly realised what the shadows were. Hands – hands reaching for a figure that looked surprisingly familiar. The hands had long sharp nails, dripping with blood, they looked like death.
“AHHH!” Something was touching my arm! I looked back at the moon and the hand was grabbing the figure. “NO HELP!” The figure in the moon was me! I should have kept running! The hand pulled me, the nails tearing my skin, I fought as hard as I could to break free but I was doomed. I was caught and had no way of freeing myself. A car pasted us slowly with no one inside. The windows were covered in frost.
“I told you to keep running! Game Over!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!