A Cat Named Jerry

Once there was a cat named Jerry. He wanted to join a club, ‘The hilarious cats’. They wouldn’t let him join because he wasn’t so funny. He tried telling jokes like “What did the little phone say to the big phone?” “What?” “Ring ring”, but all the other cats did a fake laugh, “ha ha ha ha”. So Jerry left and went to his garden. While Jerry was lying in his bed he saw something move in the bushes. So Jerry went to see what it was and then a little kitten came out and said “hi”. “Who are you?” asked Jerry. “I don’t have a name”, said the little kitten. “I heard you wanted to join the club but you’re bad at telling jokes”. “Yes that’s me” said Jerry. Then the kitten said, “Well I’ve got a good joke for you. What’s big, black and hairy and climbs up the Empire State Building in a dress?” “What?” asked Jerry. “Queen Kong”, answered the kitten. “ha ha ha ha ha ha ha” laughed Jerry. The kitten said, “Go tell it to Tigger, peanut and Olivia”. “Who are they?” asked Jerry. “The other cats in the comedy club”
“Oh OK”, said Jerry. So he went to tell the joke to the other cats. When they heard the joke they couldn’t stop laughing. They let Jerry join and Jerry was very happy and couldn’t stop thanking the kitten.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!