Last Goal

“I’m going to Netball Trials Mum, the team is being picked for the Thunderbirds”

“Ok Jade”

“Bye” I said to mum.

“Ok the new captain for Thunderbirds is… Jade” shouted the coach

“Are you serious?”

“As serious as we can be”

I went home and wrote in my diary about this amazing thing that happened to me.

The next day I went to school to talk to my friends about what happened at netball training last night.I couldn’t wait for Saturday to come to play for the Thunderbirds as captain.

On Saturday I was really nervous, but when I got into the game my nerves disappeared and I was having heaps of fun playing my favourite position, goal attack. We comfortably won the game against The Sydney Swifts 20 to 10.

After 13 rounds we were sitting in 2nd place, but in the 14th round Stacy, our centre, dislocated her shoulder by falling on it.

We need a replacement so the 10th player was called to play for the rest of the season. The 10th person is Jazmine my best friend.

The Next 2 Games we played we won and we were now in the Grand Final.

I woke up at 7:00with my heart beating rapidly because of the excitement of being in a grand final against the Melbourne Vixens. I was so nervous I could hardly eat breakfast, but I did others wise I would have been sick.

The whistle blew and the game started, Jazmine played centre and passed the ball to Lisa who was our Wing Attack. She threw the ball to me and I was so nervous I dropped it. Luckily I picked it back up again and passed it to Claire, the Goal shooter, she shot the goal and the ball was passed back to the Centre for the Vixens to have their centre pass.

It was the last 30sec of the 4th quarter and we’re even. It was our centre pass. Jazmine passed the ball to Lisa, Lisa passed it to me and I was going to pass the ball to Claire, but she couldn’t get passed her opponent so I passed it to Jazmine. I ran into the circle and got the ball again. I shot the goal and the ball went back to the centre. I was really scared because it was their centre pass. All the fear went when Jane the goal defence did a marvellous intercept and passed the ball to Jazmine who passed the ball to Lisa. Then Claire, with 6sec left on the clock, passed the ball to me and I shot the goal in the last 2sec.

It was the winning goal for the Thunderbirds. I will never forget this moment.

The End

By Deanna M


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!