Dangerous Journey

A slowly flowing river with a boat floating upon it. Green leaves rustling in the wind with lush blades of grass. A boat is slowly flowing with the current. It is a clear day, peaceful until BOOM! A boat explodes with no survivors to be seen.
A figure slowly crept out of the shadows. He had a hood covering the top half of his face and a small smile. A bow and quiver slung across his back and a sword at his hip.
He walked up to the river bank watching the crimson water and bodies float down the river before his dangerous journey.
The next evening he received a pigeon from the king stating that a small enemy scouting party had been spotted. He was to dispose of them.
The sun slowly crept across the sky as he planned his attack on the three in the scouting party. He launched two arrows and watched as two bodies slump to the ground. Creeping out of the bushes he swung his sword through the air killing the last surprised scout. As he searched the scout’s packs for any information for the King, he found battle plans to attack the kingdom. Leaping on his horse he galloped away to inform the King what he had learned.
He was called in the King’s chambers.
“Ah Norman what do you have that is so important?”
“As I was searching thought some packs I found this.”
Norman presented the battle plans to the King.
“These are plans to attack this very castle! I had no idea the enemy had so many troops. They are planning to attack tomorrow night. We need to form an army now!”
Norman informed every man they would be needed to defend the castle for the king.
There were fletchers busily making arrows and blacksmiths hammering metal.
“Norman!”
“Yes your majesty?”
“The knights are ready on the plains outside the castle and the peasants are moving to join them. How are the archers?”
“They are ready Sire.”
“Good. You will be with the archers. Eliminate as many of the generals as you can.”
“And after that I will join the battle”
“Excellent. I will join the knights.”
It was a moonlit night and the glints of the shining armour reflected the moon in the distance. Slowly the enemy approached. Norman drew his bow ready to fire. He launched the arrow and watched as the general’s horse reared up and tossed its rider off. Horses ran around with their dead riders hanging from the saddle.
Slowly the enemy approached. Norman thought it was a battle they could win. Finally the moment had arrived and the signal was given to charge. There were people dropping everywhere but they could tell the enemy wouldn’t last. At the end of the battle a peace treaty was organized. The war was finally over.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!