Magic

Once upon a time in the pretty forest there was a little bunny that was frolicking around. If you’d like to hear a story about a bunny I’m sure there’s one in that pile over there. Anyway Merlin the magician was walking along the river and noticed a sparkle in the water. He reached in and pulled out a crystal ball. He called out to his friends and said “hey have a look at this” His friends Ester the Elf and Danny the Dragon looked at the ball in amazement. “Wow! I wonder what it does?” Inquired Danny, “Yeah,” exclaimed Ester, “Well there’s only one way to find out” said Merlin. So they sat down in some clearing and said different spells. “Haga baba wachamacoo, what on earth are you going to do?” Asked Merlin, nothing happened. Danny picked up the crystal ball in his scaly claws and said, “Mystical ball you must do as I say, now show me your powers or I’ll throw you away.” And no, Danny didn’t throw it away even though nothing happened, but little did they know, this ball held the most power in the land and in the wrong hands it could cause major destruction, which is exactly what Sesil the Supervillan wanted.

After various attempts of trying to discover what the ball could do, Merlin and his friends went back to the house and decided to put the crystal ball away for safe keeping. The day had come to an end and they all went to sleep. During the night, at the castle where Sesil plans his dastardly plans, well you guessed it: he was planning a dastardly plan, to steal the all powerful crystal ball. He sent his accomplice to take the crystal ball when Merlin and his friends were out for their daily picnic. Sesil’s servant, Sesil-Jr wasn’t the smartest in the land and completely forgot to take the ball during the day; instead, he went at night, and was very pleased with himself because he had succeeded in getting the ball without being caught. He went back to the castle and gave the item to Sesil who caused mischief right away. “Now to get rid of Merlin and his friends once and for all!!!” exclaimed Sesil.

Merlin woke up suddenly; he was feeling really hot and sweaty. He looked out the window and saw that they were hanging over a volcano full to the brim with lava. He woke everyone else up straight away. “How did we get here.” Asked Danny and Ester “Sesil.” answered Merlin. “Mwa ha ha ha. Bye Merlin FOREVER!!!” laughed Sesil. “Not if I can help it.” answered Merlin as he said a very strange spell. Suddenly Merlin and his people had swapped places with Sesil. “Now who’s laughing, me!!! He he” laughed Merlin. “Time to get rid of this magic ball once and for all.” said Ester as he chucked the ball in the flames. Everyone lived happily ever after except for Sesil,

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!