Fallen Angel

When I open my eyes there were lights, even though last night rains were heavy and profound it is now warm and bright. I leisurely walked up to the window, the sun rays felt warm on my shoulders. There were still drops of water dripping from the winter’s leaves but now all seem rejuvenate. As I slipped into my white dress I could feel the fresh and crisp air, it is no longer winter.

I stepped into the garden with my bared foot, the grasses were damp but they were no longer icy cold. Here and there I hear the delightful songs of the birds. I walked further into the garden where there lay a white stone bench. I sat down to admire the spectacular rays of the freshly unmarked sun of spring.

The sun rays now dance on my face, I felt fascinated by the magical star. It is amazing to know that something so spectacular could be made out of hundreds of billions of deceased stars. It proves when something no longer lives does not mean it is lifeless. Many of us do not know what the meaning of life is but who am I to tell you that? To us things don’t always turn out right but in this life nothing is right for nothing is wrong either. Never look into the future for it may bring you disappointment. The past is gone, the future predicts, but now is life, that is why it is called the present.

I got up to leave the beautiful garden once more, it is now time to return to my rightful place, where the clouds are silky and lights lead the way. Where there are no pains and there is no loneliness. I spread my wings, they flutter in the crisp air. I must return to the land of sweet paradise. Remember now when things no longer live does not mean they are lifeless. I leave you now with a white feather laying still, may the sun and my words bring you happiness.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!