A Water Drop's Journey

Hi my name is Aqua, and I’m a female water drop. I live in a white and fluffy cloud with my brother and sister jack and Jill. We all awoke this morning feeling heavy and very cramped; we looked at each other and we knew, the water cycle journey was about to begin. A new adventure.
Looking across at our neighbouring clouds we realise that precipitation was about to start. We all heard mum call out “Huddle together, hold hands, here we go!”
Down, down, falling fast like inactivate parachutes, wondering where we are going to land and if we can be of any help.
As we get closer to the ground we can see a garden of very sad and dried up baby flowers. Their colours don’t look so bright. I think I will land next to that sad yellow flower. The flower is welcoming me by its roots soaking me up. It is a very rocky journey through the roots because they are all tangled together, but I am beginning to see the stem. Up I go as fast as a cheetah zooming straight up to a leaf. Boy that was hard work, but now I have some time to relax. I know my flower enjoyed my company because its yellow petals are beginning to glow.
The sun is starting to shine and my flower is getting hot. I know transpiration is about to start because I am feeling much, much lighter and my leaf feels very slippery.
“Aqua, Aqua!” I hear my name being called. I lift myself up, feeling light as a feather, I see my sister up above. I decide I want to join her, so I begin to float through the air up to my sister, heading for a new home.
As we get higher and higher into the sky the air gets colder and we begin to condensate. Finally we reach our spot in the sky and we all join together, family and friends to form our white fluffy cloud.
Now that we are home again, I am off to sleep, wondering what my next water cycle adventure will be?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!