Talent

In the remarkable Botany National park, there was a special flower; it had an exquisite ruby red coating and elegant thorough swirls included. Inside the superb flower there were 100 existing fairies. The youngest of them all, by 3 months, was Goldilocks but her friends call her Goldie. Goldie’s best friends were Ruby, Emerald, Sunshine and Sky. She had the best life with the best friends. Or so she thought.
One afternoon Goldie’s school was having a Talentpalooza.
“In 3 weeks our school is going to have a Talentpalooza. The winner will not only win 250 pebble stones but will also perform at the ‘Gelato Gala’!” the drama teachers announced excitedly, “And remember that this compulsory and will count as half of your drama/music grade.”
The grade stared to mumble so noisily that the classes that were in different buildings started to whinge about the racket. The four girls were ecstatic about it. Ruby was playing the acoustic guitar while singing, Emerald was doing a hip hop dance, Sunshine was playing the keyboard and sky was doing a ballet and rap dance. Goldie wasn’t sure what she wanted to do, which was a huge problem because it counts for half of her drama/music grade. She spent all of the 3 weeks thinking about what she was going to do but she failed to do so.
The day before the Talentpalooza, Goldie’s grandmother, Maria went over to her apartment for a visit. When her family was watching, ‘You Got Talent’, Goldie ran to her room and started crying. Nobody noticed that she was gone except for her grandmother. She went into her room and asked what was wrong.
“Our school is having a Talentpalooza that counts for half of our music/drama grade and I don’t have a talent,” Goldie sobbed.
“You are really special the way you are,” said Maria trying to cheer her up.
“Remember when you acted out the play ‘Peter pan’ and you got an A on it because you were the only girl that played Peter Pan. You did a terrific job at it. And also when you acted Juliet in the play ‘Romeo and Juliet’, you got an A on that too. You are a really talented actress.”
That night Goldie thought about what her grandmother said to her.
‘Am I really a talented actor?’ she thought that night.
“Wakey, wakey sleepy head it’s the Talentpalooza today!!!” Sunshine yelled.
Goldie had forgotten about it but she had a talent that she was going to perform. Goldie was lucky because she was the last performer. There was singing, dancing, circus acts and storytelling. Then it was finally Goldie’s turn. She did an act on a poem she wrote herself. She thought she did pretty well.
“This has been a very tough decision, but the winner is Silvester Silver. Second place is Goldilocks Gold who has won an iPod Fairy Max.”
Goldilocks was ecstatic.
She learnt that everyone has a special talent. You just have to look deep enough.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!