Bad Days

“Stacey get down here! Breakfast!” said her mum.
“Coming! I just have to get dressed for my camp,” Stacey said.
“Eat up like a good girl, it is a big week and pack your bag.”
“I’m packed and I’m coming right now.”
“Thanks for breakfast, but I’ve got to go, bye,” and she rushed off to school.
She thought it was going to be a bad day because she missed the bus to go to camp, so she ran after the bus as fast as she could, to catch up to the bus. She caught up to the bus, ran as fast as the bus, but she still did not get a ride.
She still ran until she got puffed and instead she jumped on the bumper and took a ride. She arrived and went to her dorm and cried for hours. She stopped crying when it was teatime. She sat alone and her friends went to her and she told them about her bad day.
They all asked, “How did you run so fast?”
She replied, “I don’t know. Just lay off till I feel better. Thanks”
She slept on the top bunk bed. The next day she woke up late, so she quickly got dressed for breakfast and she got there just in time. But she didn’t finish quickly enough to go fishing. She had to get a rod and get to the river quickly. She had five minutes left. She normally caught fish but not this time. So she cast out again and again. She didn’t get a fish but her bait on her line was gone. So feeling miserable she went back to her dorm and didn’t leave there till the end of the camp.
At home she went straight to her room and was in there for a week. Her mother talked to her and asked her, “Stacy what is wrong? You have been up here for a week and you are staring to smell.”
“I have been having trouble, lots of bad days,” she replied.
“Why don’t you go outside and think of good luck?” her mum said.
Mum always said things like that when she was feeling down.
Stacey said “Well that’s the end of that,” and went and had a shower! (at last!!)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!