Write4fun is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. Outlined below are the procedures Write4fun adopts in order to do this.
How we collect personal information?
We only collect information directly from you or your school, for instance, when you enter your details online (for competitions or membership), when you mail or fax in competition entries and orders or over the phone when further information is required.
How we use your personal information?
Your information may be used to:
- Identify you and assist you in accessing and utilising our website.
- Administer the writing competitions we conduct and to compile publications.
- Communicate with you, the results of competitions and upcoming publications.
- Inform you of new competitions. This will only be sent to you by email if you have joined as a member of write4fun.net and there is an opt-out mechanism should you not wish to receive this information.
Personal information collected from our website
Information collected over the website may include your name, current address, year of birth, telephone number, email address, credit card details, username and password. We may also collect details of stories or poems currently or previously submitted to write4fun. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services or products you require.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside write4fun for the following reasons:
- For mailing of products i.e. fulfillment houses who package and label the products.
- To the competition judges - only minimal information is provided to the judges (name and address are not disclosed).
- For data entry of work.
- Other companies that work for us where required.
Please note: Write4fun does not sell customer information to ouside parties.
Accuracy of the information
Write4fun aims to ensure accuracy of customer information. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you let us know if there are any errors in your personal information and advise us of changes to your personal information.