Genie In The Bottle

One day I was cleaning out the basement, when I picked up a large box full of toys and behind it I saw a bright, shiny bottle. I blew the dust off it and the lid fell off onto the box. ‘That was close’ I said, when all of a sudden out popped a Genie wearing the most amazing colourful costume. I was so scared that I nearly wet my pants!
Then all of a sudden the Genie began to speak in a funny deep voice. “You are granted three wishes.” “Cool” I said. “For my first wish I wish for a motorbike,” then out of thin air popped a brand new shiny motorbike. “This is so cool” I said. I jumped on and went for a ride. My first time on a motorbike was a bit scary; I was going too fast and fell right off.
So for my second wish I wished for all the Playstation 2 games that have ever been made. Then right before my eyes all the Playstation games I could ever want, appeared in big piles right before me. And for my third and last wish, "I wish for all the money in the world," I said to the Genie. And you guessed it, loads of money came falling from the sky. “Yipee” I said. I was dancing around with glee, I was so happy all my wishes had come true, this was the best day ever.
I was so happy, I was jumping around when I threw the Genie bottle up in the air. I put my hands behind my back to catch the bottle, when all of a sudden, disaster happened. I dropped the bottle and it crashed into tiny little pieces. Then all of a sudden my new motorbike disappeared, all my Playstation 2 games disappeared and all the mountains of money began to disappear. "NO! NO! NO!" I shouted. The best day of my life just became the worst day of my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!