Getting A Puppy

“Mum can I get a puppy” said Amy. “Why, you killed your last one,” said Zavar. “No I didn’t, I wasn’t even here when it happened,” said Amy. “Maybe, but you didn’t feed it,” said Zavar. “But I was busy,” said Amy. “What’s all this racket about?” said Mrs. Jones, Amy’s and Zavar’s mother. “She started it,” said Zavar. “Go to your rooms NOW!!!!!!!” said Mrs. Jones. Amy didn’t care if she got sent to her room, it was nearly always neat and the bed had curtains hanging down from it and she had a television and a DVD player so she could just watch a DVD or something.
HALF AN HOUR LATER
“Dinner’s ready,” said Mrs. Jones. Amy ran downstairs. As she got halfway down the stairs she stopped, she smelt roast carrots and that meant that they were having a roast for tea. Amy picked up her speed and ran to the table. “Whoa, slow down sweety, you might knock something over,” said Mrs. Jones. That was the thing with their mother, she would get angry and after a minute or two she would act like nothing had happened. Amy walked into the lounge room and there at the table, Zavar was sitting down. Amy and Zavar were not like their mum, they would hold a grudge for ages Amy walked over and sat down. No one talked until Mrs. Jones broke the silence. She said “What’s all the silence for?” No one answered so they ate tea in silence. After tea they watched Flicker and then they all went to bed. The next morning they got up and when Amy walked into the lounge she saw a box. Amy thought that she would have a look, no one would know, plus
Zavar was still being mean to Amy. Even though they hadn’t spoken to each other for the full night Amy stilled classed that as mean. Amy carefully lifted the lid, there it was, it was the cutest puppy in the whole world, a pity it wasn’t for Amy. Then Amy’s mother came in and said “I know what you’re thinking.” Amy jumped from the ground by the shock of her mother’s voice, but Amy’s mother didn’t seem to be angry at her. “You’re thinking why would I get Zavar a puppy when you’re the one who wants one. You’re the one that’s been begging me for one and Zavar hasn’t even mentioned about getting a puppy.” Before Amy’s mother could say anything more Amy said “I’m sorry for looking at Zavar’s present when…But then Amy’s mother cut Amy off. “Who said that it was for Zavar?” “Well it’s for him because you got angry at me.” “No,” Amy’s mother started, “It’s for you. You’re going to have to name it and fast because it’s one little playful puppy.” “Oh thank you, it’s what I’ve always wanted.”
My dreams came true, a little puppy called Dixie ....To be continued.....

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!