You Can Do It.

"I can't do it," Marnie stammered as she walked into the soft warm sand of the beach with her surfboard underneath her left arm."You CAN do it," Jess said supportively.

They finally got to the waters edge and started walking into the crystal clear water and when they were about knee deep Marnie hessitated and cried out " What happens if i fall off and get smashed into the reef." " Don't worry, you'll be fine." Ebony said. Everybody started paddling out but Riley was already halfway where the surf was. " Come on slow coaches here comes a set!!

When they got out ,a really good wave was coming and Jess called out " This is Marnies wave!!" " OHH no it's not!!" Marnie cried asshe started to paddle in but she didn't realize that she was starting to paddle onto the wave.

"Who said 'I'was going to catch that wave anyway," Marnie muttered to herself when she started hearing cries of people shouting out 'Your'e atching it, you're catching it!!!' " WHAT??!!" Marnie cried puzzled and found out she was on the wave.

'What do I do now!! she cried out panicking i little bit. "STAND UP!!" the others shouted.'OK Marnie you can do this, stand up' she thought to herself and then she stood up. The others were cheering. Marnie was stoked 'I can do it.'

SPLASHH!! that was the noise of Marnie falling off her surfboard into the white wash about a metre from the beach but she didn't care , she stood up and yelled out to the world,' I CAN DO ITTT!!!!!'

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!