Canada









I couldn’t believe my eyes, I actually won the jackpot. What would I do with all that money, buy a new car, buy a new house?
I felt like the luckiest person on earth, maybe I should go overseas. I’m not sure what I’ll do with my money. I think I will go on a holiday. I grab some brochures from the travel agent; it was down to two countries. Russia or Canada? I think I might visit Canada.

I start packing my bags and heading for the airport, it was at least an hour wait before I got to the front of the line and showed the attendant the tickets. I can’t wait to get to Canada and go snowboarding or something. I haven’t really studied Canada much but I’m rich so it doesn’t matter. It took about a day to get to Canada. My plane landed in Alberta, I dropped into Radisson Hotel, it’s pretty fancy and has a really nice pool. The bedrooms have two queen beds. I didn’t have far to go to get here cause it’s not far from the airport. I rest there for the night. It was freezing.


The next day I walk down to a sport shop nearby because I want to go climbing on the Robson mountains. The store is called Rob’s snow equipment. It was a small basic shop, but had everything I needed; the staff were nice people and helped me around.
I catch a taxi to the nearby train station. And obviously I catch the train to the train station closest to the mountains. I walked the rest of the way because it was a nice day, I was feeling good and I had plenty of time on my hands. I grab a book about the Robson Mountains. The Robson Mountains have the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies. I get to the gate, and guess what, it’s closed, all the getting ready for nothing.

I head back to the airport and wait about 15 minutes, it’s probably because no ones leaving Canada because it’s so good. I jump on the plane and as I’m leaving I say “good by Canada!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!