Can I Trust You

The year was 1999, my father John is a police officer, and a great one at that, and alone at this time. He was walking down a long dark, narrow alleyway, it was close to sun rise & he was returning to his vehicle. When suddenly from behind he was jumped by 2 silouettes. My father wrestled one to the ground and tasered his opponent, the other one came from the side in the shadows. As my dad turned to face his accomplice he felt a sharp object, his attacker had stabbed him in the back, he went down and lay unconscious on the ground and eventually passed away before paramedics arrive at the scene. His attackers fled.

My name is Rose Kibel, I was 12 when my dad passed. I am now 13 going on to 14 in a couple of months. I was so close to my dad. My mother doesn't like to talk about my dad. After my dad's funeral, mum started to hit on one of his mates.

Two months later bing, bang, boom, I had a father figure, (not a dad) but I was told by my mum that I had to call him Dad. After that, I lost touch with talking with my mum.
I turned to our house-keeper Jane, she was from Africa. When she was a little girl she was tought VOODOO by her elders in her tribe.

Jane told me I was a special child, & that she would protect me & give me warnings, She also told me to be afraid of what lies in the darkness. She always told me to always shut my window before the fall of the sun.

She cast a spell in front of me,on my paper bird's,she told me the spell that i have put on your birds so if evil comes & takes you, the birds will find you & bring you home" i could never understand why she called me "the chosen one"she would say that she was sent over to Australia from Africas to protect me till my time comes,she said that she would give her life down for mine & if she ever died "a new one would come from her Village" but i told her that she will stay for ever and ever.

February the 14 2001. I just got into a fight with my mum, the usual yelling, waving our hands up in the air like we where at a rock show,things smashing,but that night was different,i coulden't understand why?i ran to my room on the third floor,slamed my door shut,& that is how it all began,i left my window down after the sun fell.
it was 8:00pm when i fell asleep,i woke up at 3:30am to a thud sound i sat up and look around,i look at my carboard,it was untouched.i look at my end of my bed önly my feet"i said gigling at myself.then i look at my window,the window was opened, the curtains flying in and out with the midnight breeze,all of a sudden,i felt a cold breath on my neck,it sent shivers down my spine.i slowly tuned my head around to see what it was,then i saw it,it's huge head was an inch from my face, it;s mouth was in a line of a smile,his face look like he was around my age thirteen or fourteen. he had a buzz cut,blound haired,taynd body i think,i could not see well in the dark, but he had the sweetest breath that took hold of me.he look like a boy you would have on your team,he look strong,i might be abel to take him down i have the strengh and the will power,but my will went willie,i could not keep my eye's opened,but i tryed to look throw my eye lash i fell back on to my bed,i was in the boy arms and at my window,he was standing on the roof,then like a mad man jumped off. i could not remember what happen to me,but all i can hear is Jain talking to someone "take her home,but go now,while the sky has the sun high in the air,go"& then waking up on my bed faceing my west wall,just seeing the last bird of the papper bird sticking back on to my wall.
I landed on my back,trying to figure out what happened.i got up and sat on my bed, when the door opened.
"Jain is that you,i had the weirdist dream"but it wasen't Jain,it was mum.
"Rosily is that you, it is you,your home"
"what...never mind where is Jain"
"Honey...Jain when't to go find you,you where missing for a month"
"what is the date"
"the 15 of march,why"
"today is Jain's birthday, i was going to take her to see her famile today"
i look up at my mum, she look like she was holding her tounge.
"mum what's up,you know i know you better then you know your self""
she took a deep breath in.
"rose i think it is time to tell you the truth"
i started to panic was dad alive and well but in the witness protection,or mum is having another kid
"rose your not my daughter"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!