A Lost Soul

As I lay here,
I look to the sky, but I see nothing but black, I don’t know where I am but I’m not sure that I want to. it’s dark and insubstantial and I wonder if it’s real, I hear voices, ones that I’ve never heard before, I hear footsteps coming toward me, but I don’t know if they’re just in my head, then I feel the cold touch of a pernicious hand and a single tear inundates my face, then I think to myself this can’t be a dream, this is real. I’ve never felt this way before, and I don’t like it, I wish I wasn’t here but I am. The tremor, the pain scares me and I start to silently pray. I see a dark shadow cast over me, I feel the breath of a dwelling soul speaking on my neck; I feel the body of an abandoned spirit lay upon me. So I close my eyes and release myself, my passion, my love, my heart is gone, I am no longer who I once was, I am now nothing more than a detached soul. I feel nothing, but see everything; I have no fear because to the world, I am dead.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!