Jazz

It was a dry day at dawn on the farm. Jim the father of two, was happily pulling potatoes out of the dirty ground.
Out of no where a purring sound of innocence approached. A small fluffy kitten bravely stepped out of the green tiny bush and shivered. Jim was blanked, he felt so sorry for it. He cupped it in his dirty but warm hands and made it comfortable. He quickly walked inside and shouted to his two teenage daughters.
"Katie, Emma!" Katie and Emma are known as the twins. They're also both 13 years old. Katie answered."Yes dad”, while Emma was listening to her new, shiny, red iPod. Jim said “Come quick!" He snatched a wooly towel from the rack and placed it on the kitten.
Katie arrived at the kitchen and in amazement she gasped! She went silent for a few seconds and observed. The poor lost little kitten was starving, dirty and scared. The kitten’s innocent eyes beaded at Katie.
Katie thought fast. She smartly ran for the fridge and happened to have some food suitable for a cat. Katie placed the food in one hand and placed it under the kitten’s small mouth. Immediately the little kitten went head first into the delicious food.
Katie said "how funny, (giggling) can we keep it?"."Well first we're going to have to bring it to the vet and see if it's healthy and in good condition, if it is then I’ll consider keeping it” said dad. "But what about Mum, will she be ok with it?""Trust me…She just adores cats" he grinned."Umm if you don’t mind can you give this kitten some fresh purified water and keep it busy while I go make a comfy, soft bed for it” Said Jim."Sure" said Katie happily picking up the kitten.
Jim grabbed the straw washing basket, a pillow and a few small towels. He put it all together and what a fine bed he made.
Meanwhile, Emma who’s still listening to her iPod came down stairs to see what all the racket was about. When she saw the kitten she said "aww how cute". The kitten slowly climbed onto Emma’s hands and licked her “I think she likes me!" "Since when was it a she or should I say a girl?"Asked Katie. "Well last year I studied cats and I learned that you could tell the difference between a boy and a girl by its nose and tail"."Wow” said Katie.
"So how did you find her?"Asked Emma anxiously. "Long story… ask dad!” said Katie "Ok" Said Emma."And before you go wondering off to dad can we name her Jazz?" "Jazz the cat...umm PERFECT, love it, and keep it!" "I think I could get used to this..."said Katie quietly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!