Camping Out

The rustling got louder. It sounded like heavy thumping outside. Josh's long, thin, shaking hands reached out for the bright red torch lying next to his mattress. As he held it he could hear the distinctive rattling of the batteries inside the torch. He shifted his shaking body towards the entrance of the tent. Slowly he undid the zip of the tent and peered out into the moonlit clearing. He could feel the gentle Autumn breeze whip across his face as he gazed out into the clearing. The moon looked like a big glowing plate in the night sky. Across the clearing he could just make out the shape of his dad's tent. The thumping was still there. He blinked as his torch illuminated the whole clearing. There was a flash of movement as a big beast smashed into the table, spilling all their equipment in fright of the bright light. Josh's dad burst out of his tent and waved his shirt out in front of the creature in an attempt to scare it off. Josh’s dad put his shirt back on as the beast receded into the bush. He spat on the ground and muttered the words 'Darn kangaroos' and started to clean up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!