Campout

“Pass the slugs,” said Macca Mctavish to his friend Sam, as he pointed to the liquorice strips.
“Only if you hand over the cats pee,” answered Sam as he held up an empty glass wanting passionfruit fizzy.
The boys were helping Ben Wu to celebrate his twelfth birthday.

“Dinner!” called Ben’s mum as she walked across the lawn handing two cardboard boxes to Ben.
“Err, this pizza tastes like bandaids,” Toby Pitt took an enormous bite and swallowed.
“Nah,” he who? said flicking a piece of cabanossi in Ben’s direction. “This pizza tastes like a bandaid …………. with scabs on it”
“No, it tastes like a bandaid with scabs on it, dripping blood,” Macca mumbled with his mouth full.
“That’s disgusting,” said Sam as he tested it for himself. Not to be outdone he added, “it tastes like a bandaid with scabs on it, dripping blood,” he lowered his voice, “oozing pus.”
Sam and Toby had to make a quick run to the toilet.

When they got back they just sat and chatted for a while. Ben said, “Did you hear about the few guys down the street? They were camping in their backyard, when they heard sounds coming from outside, they got out and looked around. The parent of the kid heard screams and gnawing sounds coming from the tent. She ventured outside to find the tent empty, the THREE kids were never seen again.”
There was silence until (rustle rustle) Macca heard something coming from the bush nearby. There was silence in the tent for about a minute. Just before Ben spoke he saw a shadow creeping beside the tent, exposing its evil body, Sam turned around and scrambled backward, the thing was chewing on something.
“It’s chewing on the bones of its latest victim,” whispered Toby. It stood up on its hind legs and looked around searching for prey. As if satisfied, it hopped off.
“What was that?” Sam said shaking. Ben knelt and crawled towards the door.
“I’m coming!” Macca said looking determined.

They opened the flaps of the tents and looked around.
“Nothing” Ben whispered
“AAHH!” Macca screamed, jumping back.
“What?” Sam said looking very scared
“Something jumped at me and I fell backward.” The boys sat back in anticipation as the creature walked towards the front of the tent. They sat and waited for a while. Everyone except Ben was shaking. The tent shook from the wind and the flaps opened revealing a cute white fluffy bunny chewing on a carrot.
“Hahaha, gotcha! You should have seen your faces, hahaha” Ben laughed “You really had me scared” Sam said annoyed “You’re going down!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!