Easter Holiday

Once upon a time in 2012 lived four children, Kelly who was 15, Kate who was 16, Ashley who was also 15, Kyle was 16, Chad was 16 and Adam who was 17. These six kids lived at Fowlers Bay. One day the kids all went over to the beach. While they were there they had a sandcastle competition. It was Kelly, Adam and Chad on to Kate, Ashley and Kyle. The winning team was Ashley, Kate and Kyle. When they were ready to go everyone got in the car, but not Kate or Adam. No one realized they were gone.
As soon as everyone got home Adam’s mum said “Where are Adam and Kate?” They drove back to the beach and searched for Adam and Kate for hours. By then their parents were getting worried, but they were both far away. Adam and Kate were walking through the sand hills trying to find their way back home when Kate fainted. Adam sat Kate up and they slept there overnight. Everyone back at the shack was worried all night. The next day they headed off looking for Kate and Adam but they had no luck. Adam and Kate started fighting but then after a while they got tired and stopped. Back at the shack the parents were getting stressed because tomorrow was Easter. Kelly, Chad, Ashley and Kyle were jetty jumping and having fun when suddenly their parents come back and said that Kate and Adam were missing. That made everyone upset and it was quiet for the rest of the day. Meanwhile Adam and Kate weren’t getting anywhere so they sat down to rest and started talking. After a while they had talked about all types of things when a tree nearby started to rustle. Kate leaped into Adams lap and there was a moment and Adam leant over to Kate and kissed her. Things from then on were a bit awkward until…
They walked very slowly over a huge sand hill. They both started to quiver with excitement, when Kate’s eyes started to radiate bright as the sun. She had spotted Fowlers Bay in the distance. They both turned to face each other and smiled with joy. They started walking until eventually they were back at the shack. As soon as they got there they realized that everyone was gone, so they waited.
The kids with the adults decided it might help finding the others if they walked back. When they got to the shack they got a big surprise. The missing kids had found their way back home and it was all back to normal again.
But tomorrow was Easter and when Kelly, Kate, Ashley, Kyle, Chad and Adam woke up they found many Easter eggs in their Easter baskets. Everyone was thrilled and happy that day and could not wait until it was night time because there was going to be fireworks. The fireworks were spectacular and when they had finished everyone was safe and happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!