Gayjan And The Servant Of Famine

“The beginning of the universe an amazing sight to see, thank you for this lord, Archama.” Aovera king of The Precitaman people kneeled outside of his palace praying to his god Archama. His blue green body shined in the sunlight while his feathers sparkled in the wind. Aovera picked himself up from the earthy ground and walked back inside his large Opal palace. “Gayjan is still so beautiful; it’s survived all this time.” He whispered to himself as he walked up to his guard Crismed who was standing at the end of the long hallway. “Your Majesty, can I be of any service to you,” Crismed asked as he knelt. “Not today Crismed,” he replied. “I’m going to check on the towns people”. He kept walking until he stopped next to the Oracle a computer that runs the entire land of Gayjan. It hummed loudly which in this land was a terrible sign.
He opened it up and an elderly voice spoke to him “ Aovera king of Gayjan, humans a distant race of creatures have landed in sector 32409 and are planning to take over our kingdom “. “WHAT”, Aovera boomed. He stormed his way over to Crismed who had an evil smirk on his face, but Aovera was too angry to notice. “Crismed you and your troops search sector 32409 for humans and if found bring them to me”, Aovera cried to Crismed. Crismed turned around and hurried out of the palace to find the humans. It wasn’t long when Crismed and his troops had come back carrying two humans by their shirts. “Let us go”, screamed the first boy with shiny white hair. The other boy just looked scared. “We don’t mean you any harm, honest,” the white haired boy cried. “We came here by accident.” Aovera thought for a moment and then remembered a prophecy explaining that two male humans would save Gayjan from famine which would be caused by an evil servant of the king.
“Let them go”, Aovera said. Crismed didn’t listened but still held the two boys. “Let them go Crismed,” Aovera said angrier this time. “Here you go”, shouted Crismed, but it wasn’t Crismed voice it was a dark evil laugh. “No, it can’t be,” Aovera said. “Crismed is the evil servant; he has the power to bring famine among Gayjan.” “And that’s just what I plan to do”, Crismed spoke loudly. As he did the castle started to shrink and the plants started to die. Then Crismed was gone. “I don’t know what’s happening here but can we go now,” The other boy cried. “We will let you go as long as you do a favour for me.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!