Palm Beach

I sat up. I was on a beach, I could see a lot of palm trees. I could hear seagulls. I could smell a barbie Que. I Could feel sharp rocks digging into my back. And I could taste a whole lot of seaweed in my mouth it was awful.
I stood up and felt a bit disy but after a few minutes I was all right. I started walking in between the palm trees. I heard a cracking noise. I started to hear more cracking noises. I started to run back from where I came from, The cracking noise got louder and louder. Then the palm trees started to collapse I only just got out. When I got out I new I was safe.
I saw some people that were on the beach I asked if they would help me build a hut out of the palm trees that had fallen down. They took a while to answer but they did say yes so about an hour later it was finished. I sat un the hut and got some coconuts to eat.
Later that day my mum and dad came to the beach with the police officer. They started to ask people if they had seen me wondering around on the beach. They started to yell out my name.
“VAUGHAN”, my dad said.
“VAUGHAN”, my mum said.
I heard them so I peeked my head outside of the hut it was them.
“MUM, DAD”,I yelled. They looked at me we all ran towards each other we all had a long group hug then the police officer gave us a lift back home. Then we all had a party everyone from my mum and dad’s side came for my appearance back at home. Everyone was happy that I was at home even my baby sister wouldn’t stop hugging me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!