Quicksand


‘Hey Tom it’s a stinking hot day’, said Angus as he was wiping the sweet off of his face.
‘Year it really is hot’, replied Tom.
‘I know we could go to the beach for a swim’, mentioned Angus.
‘Ok’,
‘Let’s go I will go and ask my mum if that is ok’, said Angus.
Angus’ mum said that ‘that it was fine to go to the beach’,
So the boys rushed to Angus’ room and quickly got changed into their spotted and checked bathers.

They soon ran to the beach as quick as lightning so their feet wouldn’t get burnt on the steaming hot pavement. As soon as they got there they both dumped their towels on the sand and sprinted down to the water. Angus’ dark brown hair was dripping with refreshment as soon as he dunked his head under the cool blue sea.

Tom asked Angus ‘do you want a water fight?’,
‘Yes sure’, said Angus while he was already splashing Tom.
The two boys were in about waist deep and suddenly the two boys started to sink. The two boys were screaming, yelling and shouting like gigantic drowning ducks. This was not helping because the boys were soon up to their necks in water.

Tom remembered his Kids Survival Hand Book he had been reading. He also remembered chapter number 7 were it said How to Survive In Quicksand. As soon as he could he yelled out to Angus and said ‘stay calm and don’t move’,
Then the two boys stayed very silent they didn’t move they then could wriggle their way out and then and dried off. The boys rushed back home to Angus’ house. They told Angus’ mum all about it when she was getting something to eat. Tom and Angus spent the rest of the day playing around until Tom’s mum came to pick Tom up. It was a very terrifying day for the boy’s but they were ok in the end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!