Zombies From The Dead

Zombies From the Dead
It was a cold, stormy night. The trees were bustling outside John’s room. He looked outside from his bedside window and saw lightening striking down onto the ground. He counted how many zaps of lightning he could see. He then saw lightning hit the graveyard, only a couple blocks away. It lit up the whole entire block, and then went back to a pitch black site. John felt a shiver in his body. He ran downstairs to his family so he could have some company.
He found his mother downstairs sitting on the couch. He snuggled up with her and his mother saw his cold grey eyes. She knew he was scared. She hugged John and patted his golden hair. “Everything will be fine sweetie.” His mother announced. John nodded his head and went back upstairs. He once he shut his room door, he heard a deafening sound of thunder. The lights started playing up and then his room lights switched off. John was shaking and crawled to his bedroom corner by his window. He looked outside and saw people walking towards his house, like a zombie. John closed his eyes for a few minutes, and rested.
The thunder got louder, and the lightning was making more noise. John looked out his window again and the wall light outside of his house turned on. It was a sensor light and it could detect some kind of movement. John peeked outside and saw lots of people, with blood on their body, with scratches everywhere and had sort of green faces. ZOMBIES! John thought about the lightning that hit the graveyard and knew that they were the zombies from there. They started walking closer to his house and grabbed tightly onto his walls. They climbed up cautiously watching John. John got up and ran to find his bedroom door. He quickly sprinted down the stairs, nearly tripping on his feet. He grabbed the safety torch and looked for his mother. “Mum? Mum?” He yelled. He heard a window smash and pointed the torch directly where he had heard it. “Ah!” John screamed.
The zombies had broken in and there was no way out for John. It was either inside his dark house, where he could try to hide, but the zombies would get his sooner or later. Or it was outside, where he could run, but couldn’t hide. He stayed inside and hid in a corner, with a chair in front of him. The zombies crawled closer and closer, and then started to surround him. John looked at them and was terrified. They looked horrible. They started to move above his head. Then they all grabbed his head and pulled him up off the ground. John closed his eyes, trying to not think about it. He opened them again, and saw one zombie in front of his, with his mouth open. He watched him as he slowly leaned to eat his brains.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!