Nevar's African Story

Hi, my name is Nevar and I live in Africa with my Mum and Dad.This is my story on how we live in Africa. We live in a bamboo hut in the Savannahs. It is very hot here and there is very little water.Today I will have to collect water and food. I get my two buckets and bow'n arrow. Dad brings along his spear. We walk along the dry, dusty sand. An antelope is eating grass in the distance. I shoot it in the leg. It is wounded. My Dad comes and kills it with his spear. We carry it to the well. Next to the well there is a large waterhole. At the waterhole I see a mother lion with her two cubs drinking water. We have to be quiet. Suddenly, we hear a loud thump on the ground. It is a stampede of elephants coming towards the waterhole. They wet themselves and drink water. We collect the water. Mum cooks the antelope on a hot fire rock. I had an exhausting day! Tomorrow I will have to do this all over again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!