Jasper Jacks

One night as I was sitting around a cosy campfire, I heard a noise. My mum said it was just the wind, so I ignored it.
Just then my sister screamed.
"Ahhhhhh my marshmellow is on fire".
"Would you stop that? Everyone in the whole neighbourhood can hear you" I yelled.
"Stop squabbling the pair of you" hissed my mum, who was trying to keep warm."Jessica stop scraming and you Zoe stop losing your temper".
Just then I heard the noise again. I told my mum that I needed to use the bathroom, but that was a fib. I just wanted to check out what had made the noise.
"All right dear" she said nodding.
I was walking around the corner when I heard some sobbing. Someone or something was upset.I suddeny noticed a little green figure sitting next to my bedroom window balling.
"I want my mummy" wailed the cute but very sad creature. Just then out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a ditch with a machine that somewaht looked like a crashed spaceship.
"What's wrong little fella?" I asked.
He told me that he had just been in attacked by his enemies and his mum had sent him away for his own safety.
"Well do try to be quiet, I told him. Mum Dad and loudlips over there will get me into trouble if they see you. What's your name anyway?" I asked.
"I'm Jasper, Jasper Jack" he replied.
"Hi Jasper I'm Zoe nice to meet you".
"Can I sleep somewhere?" asked the little alien politley.
"Maybe, come with me and I will find you a bed" I whispered as I quickly and queitly walked to me bedroom. i made a bed hidden where nobody would find him. I hurried back to the campfire outside. About an hour later, I went back to check on my new friend.
when I got back, he was already asleep.
Great I thought now he wont make anymore noise.
In the morning, I woke up late and was going to be late for school. I said goodbye to Jasper and rushed out the door. All day all I could think about was Jasper.
When I got home from school, I had a thought that maybe Jasper could take me with him back to Mars. But first we needed to fix his ship. We would have to be quick. At about 6pm, we finally finished repairing the ship. I had packed some food for the trip to Mars. Jasper said that it took him 24 hours to get here from Mars. I just packed in the last blanket, when I relised that we had no fuel.
"Dang Nabbet" I said grumbly.
Lucky for us, Jasper has spare fuel just in case. Before I knew it, we had taken off and were on our way.
Twenty four hours later, we arrived on Mars to find the war was over. Jasper was home...............I hope nnoone notices that I'm missing!!!!





















FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!