GENERATION OF TIME

GENERATION OF TIME
by Cleo Baldwin, S2G, South Coogee Public
Once upon a time there was a boy called Jacob who was helping his parents on their new invention, they were scientists making a time machine. That night they finished. Then when Jacob's parents went to bed Jacob tiptoed down to the lab and picked up the time machine thinking about when to go back in time. Then he remembered all the stories his mum told him about his grand mother's childhood that she had heard. Jacob's grandmother is dead. She died in a car accident. Jacob remembered his favourite story about her playing with her friends in her orphanage. So Jacob went to that very day. "Okay!" he said to himself, as he slowly stepped into the portal.

When he got to the other side of the portal he saw a small playground with lots of children. Jacob pulled the picture of his grand mother when she was young out of his pocket. Then Jacob started running around the playground.
"Kathleen!" he bellowed, that was his grand mother's name. He soon came to a group of girls including his grand mother. Jacob couldn't believe his eyes when he saw her. Jacob slowly walked up to Kathleen and poked her then she quickly turned around. "Hi Kathleen my name's Jacob, I'm you're grand son, I travelled through time with this," said Jacob as he showed her the time machine. Then he opened up the portal to his day and took Kathleen through it. When they got to the lab Jacob thought that he should go forward in time and so did Kathleen. So they decided to go to their future and see Jacob's children so Kathleen typed in a year and opened a portal. When they got to the other side they saw Jacob as a grown-up playing with a young boy named Jimmy. When grown-up Jacob went away Jacob and Kathleen went up to Jimmy. "Hi, I'm you're father, just younger, me and you're great grand mother here have travelled through time to see you with this machine," said Jacob opening up the portal back to the lab. "It's true" said Kathleen. "I know" said Jimmy. "I believe you".

When they got back to the lab a small man was standing there with a big red coat and a golden crown. "I'm King Vitay of Temporalia, a land with no past, present or future," said the small man. "So what are you doing here then?" said Kathleen. "I'm here to see the ones who have been travelling through time," said King Vitay. "Well that's us then," said Jimmy. "Okay then I must warn you, there is a time witch named Wicked. That's where the word came from. You must learn the time power and defeat Wicked. I'm here to teach you the time power," said King Vitay. "Okay then teach us," said Jacob nervously. King Vitay got out a big book called 'Strategies and Techniques of Time Power.' He started to make a force field around himself. "Okay, I want you all to meditate for two minutes so you can do this, " said King Vitay, as they started to meditate. Two minutes later King Vitay told them to stand up and relax. "Okay now start waving your hands around yourself" said King Vitay. So they started to wave their hands around and slowly a forcefield surrounded them and nothing could touch them. Then Vitay said to roll their hands backwards then all of the sudden he told them to stop and stretch out their arms as a portal opened that went to the time Jacob was born. "Why are we watching the day I was born?" said Jacob. "Watch at the end of the bed" said King Vitay. "What is that ugly creature there?" said Kathleen. "That would be Wicked the Time witch," said Vitay. "His life has started and yet him and his young relatives shall defeat me in his life, oh, I don't think so," whispered Wicked. "See, you guys were supposed to defeat her. Understand every time you roll your hands it's one year back in time or forward in time," said King Vitay. "Now come with me to Temporalia, all you'll need to do is jump and you'll start flying, okay," said Vitay. "Lets go guys!" said Jimmy. A few minutes later they arrived at a pretty, colourful, beautiful, fantastic land. "It's beautiful" said Jimmy. "It's amazing!" said Kathleen. "It's a miracle!" said Jacob. "She is quite fantastic" said Vitay. "Why are the people so small?" said Kathleen. "Well because we have no time the people don't grow, now come to my palace with me to see the time power master, "said Vitay as they arrived at the palace. It was a huge, shiny crib and in the middle of the room there were two golden chairs.

Sitting in one of those chairs was a small, beautiful women with a shiny, gold tiara and a pretty, silver,long dress. "This is Melanie the Queen of Temporalia, she's the master of time power," said Vitay. "So you want to learn time power because I'm here to teach you," said Melanie and taught them a few basic moves and techniques. They slowly began to get use to it. "I know it's been a day but you're almost ready to fight Wicked, all three of you," said Vitay.

"I know watch this!" said Jimmy as he started to fly with a forcefield around him and shooting blades at the ceiling. Then Kathleen started to make a forcefield and made huge darts and did powerful kicks. "Well watch this then," said Jacob and he then made a huge forcefield and shot darts, blades, bullets and icicles."
"Ah, that is quite amazing but remember with a sway of both hands you can create anything you want," said Vitay. "Really?" said Kathleen. "Yes really" said Vitay, as Kathleen slowly waved her hands to make a movie screen then she went into the movie screen and pretended to be a movie star, Melanie started laughing and so did all the others until Jimmy created a space ship and everyone went in it and Jacob made some food and space suits then they arrived on Neptune. On Neptune it was freezing cold. "Well imagine if you fought Wicked here, her powers would freeze up, she has a different power to us which people think is more powerful until it comes to the cold," said Melanie. "That's it. We can fight Wicked here," said Jacob. "Well I guess we could," said Melanie. "We already have enough power to fight her in the warmth so in the cold she won't be able to fight back and we'll win," said Jimmy. "I know she'll be to make few shots," said Vitay. "But not enough to kill them," said Melanie. "So how are we going to convince her to fight here?" said Kathleen. "You see, Wicked has never been to other planets besides the ones in her own galaxy and she can't feel warmth or frost so we can say it's just a stadium for time power fighting," said Melanie. "Okay then looks like we could fight the time witch right now," said Jacob. "We should, I just wanna get it over and done with," said Jimmy. "I guess I'll get the Time Witch right now," said Melanie as the time witch suddenly appeared. "Hello children, you are ready to fight, so we can do it just here," said Wicked.

"Okay guys get shooting," said Jacob as they started shooting things with a forcefield around them and so did Wicked until her forcefield melted and she did too the more the children shot her until all of the sudden she was gone. "You did it, you defeated Wicked!" said Melanie and Vitay. "We really did it, didn't we," said Jacob. "Yes we did but now it's time for Jimmy and I to go to our century," said Kathleen. "Do we really have to go?" said Jimmy. "I'm afraid so," said Vitay. "No, you don't," said Melanie. "I can just get a clone to live your lives, and you can in this century, and be welcome to stay with Vitay and I and it looks like you all are gonna have never ending life and can you also help us at Temporalia when all the other time villains attack," said Melanie. "Sure," said Jacob. "Oh and my mum is going to be happy to see you, Kathleen." "Well I'd love to see her," said Kathleen. "Can I come too?" said Jimmy. "Sure," said Jacob, "we're family."


the
end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!