Cancer

I am sitting on the soft white bed in a cramped room with my doctor. I’m listening to him explain this tragedy. He is talking to me about what has happened.
“Times up. You’ve got lung cancer, just like Miss Harper did. She is very lucky you know, to survive. We will have to operate on you immediately,” the doctor said quietly.
I try to stay strong, but tears pounce out. As he stands up I say to him, “just before you go I need to make a phone call.”
“Ok,” he says softly.
As I walk out of the room I start dialling my mum’s number. After three rings I hear my mum ask, “Are you alright?”
She is worried and sad at the same time.
I feel very guilty at this point, “you have to come to the Croydon hospital, right away.”
I hear her cry from the other end. “I will be there soon,” she sobs.
I start to walk inside, I start to feel weak. Then weaker and weaker. I collapse to the ground, as though my legs are made of Jelly. Colours start to fade away and turn black. People rush around me in shock, shouting out for a doctor.
I fall asleep. When I wake up I realise that I am lying in a room with my mum standing over me. She gives me a hug and helps me into another room. I struggle to the door, walking as slow as a snail. Then after a few minutes, struggling to walk, I find myself lying down as they put a mask over my mouth and nose. I fall asleep. But never wake up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!