Rain

Sitting here on the computer is the only thing to do. Why? It is raining. It’s just rain, you may think, but I am the one who created it. I’ll start at the beginning.

School has now finished and everyone is happy, right? We had lots of drinks at the party and I needed to go to the toilet. No, that’s not how the rain started. So I went, but when I came back, no one was there. I saw the barbecue and I went over to look at it. I don’t know why but I had one of those feelings, y’know. I was suddenly in a world of pain. I fumbled for the tap but I was sucked away.

I hit the ground hard and I had landed in a big puddle of water. Did I mention that I hate wet things? I quickly stood up and look around. It was sunny as far as the eye could see. No people as well. Great. I was in a singlet and shorts, so, yes, I was going to get cold and wet. I walked over to a bird that was perched up high in a tree. It wasn’t a bird when I got closer to it.

It was like one of those Egyptian gods. Big and scary in every way. It said three words only. Make it rain. My question was how. The god-like creature handed me a piece of paper. On the paper was a very important note. This is what it said:

Say this sentence correctly: Iamsorryforbeingangryaboutrain.
I could say that. It was so easy. The words came out of my mouth and I was immediately back home.

I swear I will never hate rain ever again. Not after that scary experience.
But now it won't stop raining.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!