Cake Exposion

You know the catch, play, eat, play again, have cake and then your friends leave, well my birthday wasn’t like that because my cake EXPLODED. Yes it exploded, you must be thinking what a strange girl but I am telling absolutely, truthful truths. No one knew why, not even my Mum who made the cake, until…
It is twenty minutes until my birthday. Sorry I should introduce myself, I am Sonja and I am turning ten. I am excited and my perfect plan is working. Mum blows up balloons, Dad cooks the rest of the hot food, my sister cleans up and I sit and wait for my friends. I got awesome presents and am excited for my crazy surprise Dad mentioned to me but he just wont spill. I’m hoping it’s the phone I want.
Once all my friends turned up we played around our two story house with the pretty flowers and the cute little paintings and went down to the beach, we did swim for a while but the highlights were beach volleyball and beach cricket that we played. Our scores were, Volleyball 8-4 Cricket 5-5. We had our food on the beach and about twenty minutes later my Mum called us back for cake. We did the usual singing “Happy Birthday to you” and then as I was blowing out the candles it blew up in every ones face. My Mum’s, Dads, My sister’s, mine especially and Joanna and Stevie sitting next to me. There were bits of cake in everyone’s face and hair. Everyone screamed, Dad roared with laughter, He was grinning like mad. This was his ‘crazy’ surprise.
My Mum stared at Dad with her squinting eyes. She asked to speak to him. I looked around scared everyone was angry because of the cake going everywhere. I could hear Mum shouting at Dad, but Dad obviously didn’t care he was still spluttering with laughter. Then Mum howled with laughter and all my friends did. My sunken, deflated heart was starting to pump back into life again. I was breathing; I knew this because I was laughing. Then the unexpected happened Mum came back in screaming “CAKE FIGHT” and we threw cake every where and some people opened their mouths getting ready to catch the cake and eat it. Dad accidentally got Cathy in the tummy and she fell on the floor and Mum started to worry that someone was going to get hurt or everyone’s parents were going to be angry with the state they were in so we ran down to the beach and for ten minutes washed off and got nicely dressed for when their parents got here.
Mum had already started cleaning up while I handed out the lolly bags but as the last person Michaela left I didn’t help but notice that Dad had a little smirk in the corner of his mouth and a twinkle in his eye. What had he done to my friend’s party bags?


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!