Jake's Sport On A Rainy Day.

One rainy day there was a boy named Jake, who wanted to play cricket outside.
He was watching the rain near the bedroom window and He got bored.

He didn't have a soft ball made of thick sponge.
He can't play on the computer because his father was working at home.

He walked to Jake's mother and asked "What could you play indoors?"
Jake's mother thought about it but she only thought of playing Board games or Card games.But Jake liked to play a sport not a board game.
"I'm sorry Jake" said" Jake's mother
Jake Sighed and thought that "there is something that I can play.
Still the rain poured heavily.
Jake went to his father, he said "Sorry to bother you Dad" and asked "Do you have any ideas that won't hit the walls
hardly?"
Jake's father said "I'm Sorry,I only have ideas that break the walls"
Jakes sighed but he didn't gave up.
Jake walked over to his brother and asked "Do you have any ideas that you can play a sport inside?"
Jake's brother suddenly shouted out loud "Cops and robbers!"
"Brother! cops and robbers is a good game but a game using a ball but that doesn't break the walls.
Jake went to his bedroom and he thought what to play.
He thought very very hard a sport popped in his head and he thought "handball!"
He thought where he would find a bouncy ball to play.
He knew what to do and he rushed up to the attic and he looked around in the attic, it was spooky but he was brave.
He thought to himself that there is no such thing as ghost and I wont be afraid. He went to old toys area and he looked around quickly that he was very exited to play hand ball and he saw a very bouncy and a dusty ball.
He grabbed it with his hands and he went to bathroom and he washed it. After that he went to the hall and played with it.
One thing Jake missed is that to play with a friend. He went to the room and he saw his brother playing with dinosaurs and said "Will you play hand ball with me Please?" His brother asked "Is it a fun game?"
And Jake said "Ofcourse it is!"

Jake and his brother went to the living room and played hand ball for a long time. And they did not remember when the rain stopped.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!