Underwater




One very hot evening in January a teenage girl named Sophia wanted to go for a swim. She didn’t know anyone with a pool. The only place she knew was Lake Black Hole. It was a ten minute walk. So she got dressed and started walking. When she got there she got so excited, she jumped in. She saw lots of fish. She got so deep she couldn’t stand, but she didn’t care she just kept swimming. When she popped her head up again, she couldn’t see anything at all just water. When she went to swim back, she saw something on the corner of her eye. She saw a yellow eye.

Sophia got so scared she screamed and swam to shore as fast as she could. The eye was moving as she was swimming. When she got to shore she grabbed her stuff and started running. When she looked back she saw a mermaid and her tail was changing to legs. She was so fascinated she tripped and hit her head on a rock. When she woke up, she saw the mermaid leaning over her. She felt much better and her wound was healed. When Sophia looked down at her legs she saw a tail, she thought she was hallucinating. The mermaid asked what her name was, Sophia replied back in a scared voice saying “ummm Sophia.” Then Sophia asked “what is yours?” The mermaid said “Aerial”. She loved that name. They became friends but the thing is Sophia can’t change back to a human with legs but she still loved being a mermaid.

Ariel went to show Sophia where she lived. Ariel lived in a seaweed palace underwater. Inside she had pet fish and her house is rainbow. She loved it in her palace. Everything in there she loved. Her own pair of starfish earrings, a pet dolphin and her bed was very comfy. They lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!