Gentle Persuasion

'We all need parents. To guide us, to help us through difficult situations. Their not always wanted, their misunderstood, over-protective at times, but that doesn't kill, nor effect us in a way we cant handle, but gives us a solid shell, no one can brake. I need parents, so do you.'

As I shyly walked through the school, intimidated by the people surrounding me, squeezing tightly my mothers hand, we reached two doors that lead into a brightly lit corridoor. The floor sqeaked, tracing my unstable feet as I got deeper in the corridor.As my mum pulls me along towards the classroom, she sits me down, placing her delicate hands on my nervous heartbeat. The thumping, more repeatiativly than a music mad teen, carelessly beating away on the drums. "Boom, boom, boom."

She whispers calmly in my ear. "Don't worry, don't worry!" That reassured me, so many other kids, egging on the same feeling, sitting in the same position. I tilted my head up slowly, and locked eyes with an average height lady, not just any lady, this lady was my mum.

My mum has always, and will always be there for me. My first day of primary school, was just one of the countless examples. Her eyes shine bright in the reflection from the sun. Her hair is dyed blonde, short, thin and fragile. Her face, slightly aged but beautiful. She always dresses to impress.

Her bubbly character defeats all dullness in the atmosphere. The way she approaches people, calmly and kind heartedly, will brighten up your day. Her generosity to others, is impeccable. I must add, I am only one of a billion people, that will never stop enjoying her company, I'm just lucky enough to have her as my mum.

She'll confidently approach anyone, and doesn't care what anyone thinks about her, but really, she doesn't need to. Not one person does not enjoy having her around.

My mum will never be a dull memory, nor a forgotten one, but a happy, cheerful one, always to be cherrished and remembered. That's all she deserves. My mum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!