Dad To The Rescue

It was a beautiful, bloomy morning at the North Pole as the sun was just rising over the water when baby Zulu woke up. He thought it was a good idea to wonder the ice by himself. When all of a sudden he slipped on some ice and crashed into Beth (his mum) and Bianca (his aunty).”I’m so sorry I slipped” he said as his dark brown eyes started to water. “It’s ok your only learning Zulu and the ice is slippery today” said Beth “You promise “Zulu said hopping for a yes.
“I promise Zulu” said Beth then contued with. “Let’s go and train now Zulu”. “Are you coming aunty” Zulu said

“Are you coming Bianca “Beth yelled as she waddled away. “Mum Where is dad? Do I have a dad? Mummy?” “You never talk about him mum” Zulu said. He got no answer but still wondered if there was a dad in his life .Zulu wondered why she never talked about him.

Whilst Bianca was wondering whether or not to go to the water she noticed Beth and Zulu had the same black patch on their back and a white tummy, beside the little height difference she couldn’t tell who was who. Bianca slowly waddled down to Beth and Zulu. When she got there Beth had just finished telling three year old Zulu the swimming rules. The first one to slide in was Beth then Zulu and last was Bianca. Just as Beth and Bianca started to complement Zulu on his swimming a big wave came and swept Zulu away from the pack.

When Bianca and Beth woke up they were missing Zulu. Beth was so shocked she searched high and low trying to find Zulu she searched everywhere. “My baby Zulu is missing and he could be hurt” said Beth. “It’s ok, he is a strong boy and will not be too far away” said Bianca. “Ok I believe you I just hope he comes back safe and sound”.

The next day Zulu woke up and found himself abandoned on the ice. He wondered where the others were and where he was. He thought that he might be able to find someone if he looked around. He walked around the corner and saw what looked like a waddle of penguins. He asked if they had seen his family. He didn’t get an answer so he waddled in front of them and said “you’re not penguins your seals”. He hoped they weren’t going to eat him when they made a big circle around him.
But out of knowere a big white and black penguin flew and swooped Zulu off the ground. “They didn’t hurt you did they Zulu” his mum continued “Zulu I so glad you’re ok”. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about your dad Zulu I thought you would never see him” said Beth “
My little taker is ok and I promise to be in your life” said Luke

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!