Jealousy

Jealousy.
Word Count: 500
Emily Kemp.

Today was a new school year. New people which means new boys! As I walked out the front door the cold air pricked at my skin. I took a deep breath and stepped into the white winter.
“So many new people!” Tiffany yelled with excitement. But this one guy attracted me most, his light green eyes stood out in the crowd of people and his black hair was so shiny. I couldn’t help but to stare he was amazing!
On the way home Tiffany was yapping away about her dancing lessons. All I could think about was him. Suddenly he walked around the corner and I could feel my face getting hot. “Hey, you girls go to my school?” he said. “Oh uhh yeah… I’m Santana and this is Tiff.” “Yeah hey.” Tiff said. “I’m Destery.” He said. “We should catch up some time Santana?” he winked. “Yeah, sure sounds good” I said with a cheeky grin on my face.
Tiffany is a bit jealous. She sent me a text this morning saying “Destery is mine, don’t even think of dating him.” Well her text isn’t stopping me from doing anything plus Destery is coming over tonight.
He arrived at my house at 5:00 his green eyes were greener than ever. “Hey, I’m Destery. You must be Santana’s parents?” he said with a grin. “Nice to meet you Destery,” Mum said with her bright smile. “I’m Suzanne and this is Sam.” The conversation between my parents and Destery felt like it was going on forever! Finally Destery and I went up to my room. We were sitting in my room for a while. Until he said “So what do you like?” “Umm I like music and my favourite books are mythical romance. What do you like?” “Music mostly rock you know. The usual stuff that a guy likes ha-ha” he said with a grin. “Same! I love rock music” With the biggest smile on my face. The silence carried on for a bit. He moved closer and closer to me until our shoulders were touching. He leant in to kiss me I went in to. It felt so right. “Will you go out with me?” he asked. “Yeah sure why not?” We both smiled.
“So when were you planning on telling me you were seeing someone else?!” Destery yelled at me. “Excuse me, were the hell did you get that from?” I asked. “Oh, don’t act dumb!” “I’m not that low! Why would I cheat on you?!” I screamed back. “You know what, talk to me when you’re ready to tell the truth!”
I approached tiffany today and asked her “why did you start stuff between me and Destery?” “ Reasons.” She giggled. I was about to explode. I grabbed her and pushed her up against the wall “WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?”I screamed. She just looked at me.

We attended a funeral today. It was tiffs. Her death is unknown. Some say jealousy. Maybe I caused her death…


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!