Captain Black Betrays The Republic

Captain Black betrays the Republic
It was a sad day for the Republic because they lost their leader in war. Commander Fox was trying to lead his fighters back to base, but they followed Captain Black, who led them headlong into a trap. All the X-wings were shot down, even Commander Fox, but Captain Black got through because he had betrayed the Republic.
Captain Black was once out on a mission but wanted to betray the Republic. He shot his wingman down when no one was looking. He flew to the enemy command destroyer to fight on their side.
Commander Fox was lost, floating with no wings, but the crew of one Star Destroyer pulled his ship into theirs. They fixed his wings because they wanted him to keep fighting. They wanted him to attack the other destroyers’ hangars. He was a bit scared because the destroyers had ten guns on each side.
‘R4, are you ready?’ Commander Fox asked in a worried voice to his droid. He really thought his ship would get attacked now, but the repairs were done without trouble. He said thank you to the crew and took off.
When he got outside something hit his ship from behind. Four enemy ships, Tie-fighters, were trying to shoot his engines. He flew up, then came down behind them and shot one. The beam went through the cockpit but just missed the pilot. He went out of control and hit one of the other Tie-fighters.
The other two Tie-fighters panicked. Fox flew behind one and fired. His target exploded in an orange ball of flame and Fox’s X-wing flew right through the fireball. It was now covered in black but still flew OK. He got back and had the X-wing repainted in red and white, and proudly put the Republic’s sign on the wing. Even R4 had to get repainted!
Fox flew back to look for the command destroyer. He flew into the hangar and landed his ship. Why was another X-wing already in here? He found his way to the control tower. He looked inside and there was Captain Black with his gun out. Commander Fox was glad to see him but he did not know why Captain Black had his gun out.
‘The Republic is going to lose,’ said Black.
Just then the Republic destroyer began its attack on this destroyer. Fox and Black were knocked over in the blasts. Black’s gun flew out the door. Fox was the first to get up and he grabbed Black’s arms and snapped on some laser handcuffs. He put Black in the back of his X-wing. They got out just in time before the command ship went down.

People were waiting when Fox landed. They thought he was lost but when they saw him get out of the X-wing they were very, very happy. He pulled Captain Black out and put him in front of everyone.
‘Black betrayed us! He was fighting for our enemies and was on their command ship,’ Fox told them.
Four soldiers took Black to prison.
Everyone went to the cafe there. They got the band to play and they danced to the music. The two moons, one orange and the other white, were high in the evening sky. Everyone stayed up all night.
In the middle of the party Commander Fox thought of his next mission. He talked to his boss about his idea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!