Easy A


She was running for a long time that night before she reached the small lit up town, she stopped to take a breath. She sighed out, but before she could finish she saw a glimpse of hope, “the place “She said with relief.

Before Janie walked to school the next morning she wrote in her diary:
23/April/2011
Dear diary,
Stupid Amanda Hobbs blamed me for taking DSi Nintendo, now I Janie Wells, have to go to silly old counselling. I didn’t do I swear I would never lie to you good old diary. But anyway I have detention Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! Geez. G2g lol, lots of love, Janie Wells
Janie quickly shoved her diary inside her school bag. Then grabbing her books, pencil case, phone, and iPod and ran outside. Janie kept running until she got out of her mother’s sight she pulled out her iPod and earphones and started singing........”I wann'a be a billionaire so friggen bad buy all of the things I never haddddd I wann'a be on the cover of falls magazine...smiling next to opera and the queen.” She saw her bus, pulled out her earphones and quickly grabbed out her go card. When she got on the bus she swiped the card and found a seat.
When she got to school Janie saw a small little girl running past her she had deep pearly blue eyes, lush brown hair and she was wearing the most unusual dress. Janie followed her, as Janie ran she kept yelling “wait!! wait!!” but she didn’t answer the little girl ran behind a wall, Janie did so as well and what Janie saw next blew her mind!!!

A big crack on the once red brick wall that the children used to play thumball on. She went to touch this crack but got sucked into it. Next thing she knew she was lying in a big apricot bed that was inside a small room with oil lamps and black and white pictures on the walls she looked up, the girl with the pearly eyes was standing next to her jumping up and shouting ”oh look mother the girl is waking! Hello there young lass my name is Dorothy Featherstone but you can call me Dio!”she said in a strong British accent.”Janie looked around this new awkward room she saw her school bag on a hook in the corner next to a huge pill of black circular things.Janie asked “what are those Dio?”It took Josie a while before realising what she was talking about “oh those are running records that me mother loves them!”
Janie noticed all these differences in the unusual place and she steered at Dorothy and said “Dio, what’s the date?” “23rd day into April of course.”Replied Josie “what is the year.” Said Janie getting frantic “1920 you dout” said Dio getting aggravated.”” Josie how did I get here?”Said Janie” you went though the big shiny thing. ”said Josie “you mean the crack, in our red brick wall?”Said Janie being smart “is that what you aliens call them, cracks? wow. “Said Dio astonished” how do I get back?”Asked Janie calming down a bit. “If you can pick the four objects that the last alien picked then the prophecy will be for filled.”Said Josie getting excited. “What prophecy? What objects? WHAT ALIEN?”SAID Janie getting louder every word she said.”ok,ok I tell you the WHOLE story.
One time a alien like you came here ‘IM NOT AN ALIEN!”Said Janie “don’t interrupt!”Said Dio smiling. She was enthusiastic to get home, but was foolish and didn’t think. The great leader punished her for this. You mustn’t make those mistakes “said Dio.
The next day Janie woke up and Dio and took her to a scungy, dirty alley. On the way she pushed open a big metal gate and asked a big tall man in a black t-shirt, if she could pass he nodded and gave Josie an object that Janie didn’t see. It kind of looked like an envelope. As they were walking they passed some children dancing to a bit of jazz and singing, one little boy had no hair and he was reading that what looked like a ripped whinnie the pooh book.
They walked into a room Janie took a big waft she smelt all kind s of nice smells it was like the opposite of outside. The man that looked like a monk said” good to see you again Dio” “good to see you again......MASTER “said Josie being very calm.

“I see you have brought the alien, is she here for the test?”Said the man. “Yes, master “said Dio.
Janie was seated on a comfy cushion she was sure was made out of duck feathers,100 odd objects were place in front of her she related to one immediately, she thought it looked like a dinosaur and laughed, loudly. The man scolded her. That kept her quiet until she saw one that looked like a monkey then laughed even louder that before! You could see this man getting very aggravated. The man finished setting out the objects; he looked at Dio and gave a slight nod. She said to Janie “pick four.”
But as soon as she reached for an object that looked like a dinosaur, the world went all topsy turvy and she was in front a lot of other kids waiting to get on the bus they were all yelling at her to get on the bus, she was so embarrassed she just couldn’t stop thinking about that wonderful experience with Dorothy.
Soon after this experience Janie Wells class was given an assiment,to write a story on what you think it would be like if you went back in time. Janie just smiled and knew she could get an A.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!