Racing Through A Volcano

“Wake up, WAKE UP! Class is over Jay, leave” said Ms. Raven, I’m gone. Jay is a young boy wanting to be famous along with his friends Max the smart geek and Gary he’s clumsy and inpatient. “Hey Max I got a way to be famous, we need to discover something” said Jay. “What we can discover that hasn’t all ready been discovered said Max, I mean”, “HEY guys, it was Gary, There is a big race tomorrow in the Wilder Forest” said Gary. “Well I’m not going to enter, not even my mum could make me” said Jay. The next day Jay was running. “Mum” said Max, “yea this sucks” Pounded Jay. “Oh guess what bully boy Hector will give himself a wedgie” said Max. “Sweet I got to see that wait STOP!” Jay and Max were in front of a deep hole. “Wow, I wouldn’t want to”, “HEY”. It was Gary Running recklessly towards Jay and Max, he was unaware of the hole, before he realised he pushed them all into the hole. “Nice going Gary we’re stuck” growled Jay. The only way to go was deeper into the cave. “It’s dark I can’t see”, “don’t worry I got a flash light said Max. What’s that, aarrgghh! It’s a bat; don’t worry its only one. “More like a whole colony, said Gary, run! Hey I found something”, “Dude your touching a scorpion’s tail”, “and oh RUN”! ”Hey guys an exit” yelled Jay. Finally they found an exit at least they thought it was. “What is this”, “my guess it’s a volcano said max. “But where’s the opening said Gary. “Awesome we discovered a volcano said Jay; we go to get out of here, this volcano could erupt”. “Don’t worry its perfectly safe” said Gary and he kicked the wall to prove it then there was a loud noise, THE VOLCANO WAS ERUPTING! “Now you’ve done it lets get out of here” exclaimed Jay. “But where do we go” said Max suddenly a rock fell behind that created an opening in the volcano. “Over there come on move” panicked Jay. Back in the wilder forest Hector was about to cross the finish line. When Jay and the others got out they were on a big rock hill, conveniently it was in front of the finish line, before they did anything they lost their balance and Jay rolled down the hill followed by Gary and Max, they landed on the finish line just before Hector. “And the winner is Jay”. Hector was furious. “You got ten seconds to tell me how you won or your gonna get the wedgie of your like” said Hector in a deep voice. “Sure but what about your wedgie” sniggered Jay, Hector said nothing, still he had to show hector the volcano, the whole class wanted to see. “There you go there’s the volcano” said Jay. “Hah very funny”, “what”! It looked like a normal cave just smaller. “But it was huge and it had lava and giant rocks THEN he felt air down his neck, IT WAS HECTOR. “No, please not my undies, NOT MY UNDIES AAARRRHHHGGG”!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!