Get Up!

“Get up! Get up! Get up!” yelled Ned’s mum “or you’ll be late for your first day at school. Ned had just moved into his new house in Melbourne. His last house was in Perth and it was his first day at Mernda Primary. “Please mum I’ll do anything” moaned Ned “Great then you’ll go to school”
“Good luck at school” said Ned’s mother as he left the car. “I’ll meet you here at six o’clock okay.” Ned nodded then went on a hunt to find room 18.
Then three boys came walking up to him. “Hey you’re the new kid aren’t you?” yelled what looked like the leader of the gang. “Yeah.” replied Ned “Why do you carrrreeee!” The boys ran at him. They stretched out there hands and dacked him.
“Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!” laughed the bullies as they ran off. Ned quickly pulled up his and looked around to see if anyone was there. When he looked up there was a small kid standing in front of him. Ned slowly approached him eying his every move, then asked him
“Can you help me find room eighteen?” the boy didn’t reply but walked away, Ned decided to follow him.
“Good morning class” exclaimed Ms Henderson
“Goooooooddd MMMoorrrnnniiinnnggg MMss Hheeeennndddeeerrrsssooonnn” moaned the class.
“Now class we have…”
“AAARRR. Someone help me!” shouted a boy
They all looked outside and they saw a boy hanging by his under wear on the flag pole.
“Man that looks like it hurt!” exclaimed a boy
“Of course it hurts you numb not” replied the boy next to him “Who did this to you!?” yelled the class as they ran outside to help him.
“Who do you think?!” he moaned as they lowered him down.
“Sam od course he’s been doing it to everyone lately.” Said another boy
Sam and his gang were the school bullies who have been dacking people, hanging them on flag poles and giving them swirleys.
“Someone’s got to stop them, him and his gang that is” Said Ned looking at his feet not daring to look up. He knew they were all staring at him but then someone said “He’s right.”
Ned looked up it was the boy that had helped him earlier that day he gave him a smile to show his appreciation to him.
“So do we have any volunteers to help stop them?” exclaimed Ned. Only the little boy and a girl stood next to him. “Come on. This is for the school I mean think of a school with no bullies!” yelled Ned angrily. Everyone’s hand went up in the air.
The next day they put their plan into action. Dean went to get their attention while Kim was ready with the net. “AARR” screamed Dean as he passed the net pulling the bullies into the air.
Ned and the others came out of the lockers with water guns and said “Do you promise that you’ll never bully another kid ever again?”
“Yes, yes we do, just don’t shoot us” screeched the bullies. “Okay we won’t” said Ned and then ten other kids threw water balloons at them.
After that day the boy exchanged schools and never came back again.
“Hello class I’m your new teacher, my name is Mr Marlong and what I say goes, now you” he pointed at Ned “ Give me a foot massage” “NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!