Jasey And Her Dad

The sun shone its light on Jasey and her dad as they lay down on the sand making body prints. They rolled around with laughter having amazing fun. Jasey spotted a yellow, old canoe near a bar. Jasey, in her most adorable begging voice, begged to go on the canoe with her father. Her father disagreed at first and talked about an incoming storm but couldn’t resist her sweet, loving voice and agreed.

They set off on the canoe towards the shining and shimmering sea. Jasey felt calm and at peace as the canoe as rocked side to side gently. “That’s weird! The clouds seem a little darker than when I saw them last time!” she commented to father as she looked up at the darkened sky. Minutes later, a fog slowly formed, enveloping the boat causing it hard to see where they were going but could slightly see. Jasey and her father had sailed in further to sea before they had realized.

Soon enough they noticed a strong storm coming on. They tried to paddle their way back but current was too strong. A huge branch broken of a tree and was blown their way. It smashed the boat in to pieces. Jasey and her father and lunged at the branch as it was their only chance of surviving together. The log became weaker and weaker and... it broke into two. Jasey and her father were separated. “Dad!” she sobbed screaming. “Jasey! Be safe! Hold on! You’ll make it! Believe in yourself!” he called as he was carried away by the current. “Dad!?” Jasey sobbed even harder. She felt as if a knife was piercing her heart. “I love you!” were the last words she heard. Jasey felt like drowning in the sea. Thoughts swarmed through her head, “What good would it do if I did survive? My mother died a month after my birth and if I never saw my dad again? What was the point of living?” But she took her dad’s advice and held on.

Jasey was washed up onto the shore unconscious. Had it been hours or moments later? She heard footsteps thumping lightly and getting louder and faster as it came closer. Was it her dad? No.... It was her best friend, Ben, and his dad! Ben’s dad shook Jasey and she stirred slightly as he called the ambulance. Before she knew it, she was wrapped up in a bundle of warm clothing. It was moments later that she remembered the horrible accident that happened. He asked her to tell him what happened. After hearing her story, he and Ben were in tears.

Since then, Jasey lived with Ben and his family. He has treated her as his own daughter ever since. Jasey still hadn’t received word of her father. She always thinks of him every night. It brought her sad and good memories. She prayed every night that he is alive and waking up to hopefully hear some news of her dad.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!