Generations

I was wondering down a well worn track that follows a little stream and leads to my Grandmas. I was a little scared the first time I walked down the track because they say that there is a witch constantly watching over the path. I’m not as scared now because it is the eighteenth time I have wandered down the path.
As I am day dreaming down the path I keep thinking that I can hear a rustling noise I don’t really know if it is my imagination or if it is actually real. But I do know that I am getting very scared and that I just want to get to my grandmas. Then I look up and see a distant figure it’s the witch she looks sad and lonely so I decide to just stay standing where I am I don’t even flinch, she takes big strides up to me. She comes up to me studies my face then smiles and asks my name I mumble Ellie then with a puff of smoke she vanishes whilst saying thank you. Suddenly I feel a tingling sensation and I start laughing and I just can’t stop I start sprinting up the moist track, finally I get to Grandmas I knock on the door of Grandmas house invites me in.
I sit down on the couch with the smell of homemade cookies Grandma comes and sits next to me and simply smiles. I tell her that I have a tingling feeling she just laughs and says it will wear off soon she also tells me that I should get a pet frog she then laughs and says you will understand soon enough. I tell Grandma all about the witch. Then go home and tell mum what has happened I stumble down the path and think about the witch and just hope she doesn’t come back and haunt me. I get home and blurt out everything that happened today. Mum just replies “that’s great sweetie but didn’t you come home an hour ago” I just reply “no” trying to figure out what she is talking about. I stumble up the stairs and wonder to my room. I swing open the door and to my surprise I see a clone of me laying on the bed reading a dolly magazine. I stare for a while and just scream my name I hear her laugh I have heard that laugh before. I think for a while then realise YES it is the witches’ laugh. It now all makes sense the witch cloned me all along I don’t know why but that doesn’t matter. I say a spell grandma used to sing when I was little. I pray that it works. I see a puff of smoke an instantly I know that the spell worked. I look down and before my eyes I see a wet slimy green frog I laugh and think to myself this would be a great present for grandma.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!