Egypt Trouble

I was in my classroom and our teacher Ms Szwec was talking about travelling to Egypt for a year 6 trip. The class was amazed about Ms Szwec’s decision. I went home and told my parents and they said to me “Aren’t you too young to travel overseas?”
I didn’t see Ms Szwec when we got off the plane, or at the hotel we were staying at.
At night Jordan woke and said he saw a Mummy, Kyle said “your joking” “NO I’m not lying you guys” said Jordan. We all went for a look outside except for Jordan. I turned around and Jordan had red eyes then in a flash he vanished. Brendan came back in and said “where’s Jordan? I said “Jordan’s gone!”
We went to tell Ms Szwec about Jordan but we couldn’t find her. Our guide said “she may have gone to the tomb, I’ll take you there”. After we entered the tomb a large door slammed behind us. And that’s when I saw the evil Mummy’s face.
Then out of the vents came a weird gas, we all dropped to the floor. I woke up in a cell and saw my friends around me “we have to get out of here” said Annabelle. “Try and find a way out of here” I suggested. We looked around and Annabelle found a switch that opened both our doors.
Across the room was a door that had a TV on it. I turned it on and then a Mummy was on the TV. It said “when the other two leave through the door I will open your cell at different times and this is the challenging part of my little game, you will have to try and find me but don’t let my minions catch you. If they get you, you will be taken and will be locked up”.
Annabelle and I left then WHAM! The door slammed shut .We then saw one of the Mummy’s minions chasing us. We started to run. I slid into an open door and Annabelle followed. The lights turned on when we entered a room of ancient artefacts so we looked around the room. Annabelle leant on a statue and a secret door opened, I walked down the stairs and then a minion slipped through the door and grabbed Annabelle and then they disappeared. I ran down the steps to find a grate I looked down and found Kyle. I looked around the room and found a wrench. I unscrewed the bolts lifted the grate. I grabbed Kyle and pulled him up and we went through a door and grabbed everyone. We ran out and six minions chased us.
One by one the minion’s caught us again. We were taken into a room. And in that room was a person with a long coat on. The coat was dropped to the floor. It was the Mummy, “Welcome” said the Mummy. While the mummy was talking to us Brendon and I snuck behind the Mummy and knocked it to the ground and started pulling on the mummy’s bandages. The culprit was Ms Szwec. I found some rope and tied her wrists together. We called the police and they took her away. I said “I reckon we should go home”. Everybody agreed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!