Jake's Lucky Day

Jake's Lucky Day

There was a man named Jake. Jake lived on a farm with his wife Kelly. They had 3 sheep dogs, 20 chooks, a rooster, 21 pigs, 5000 sheep and 1000 cows. Jake also had two dirt bikes, one to round up the animals and another dirt bike to race with. Jake was really good at racing motorbikes he had been racing for 5 years. He had won heaps of trophies.

One day, when Jake had finished doing all the work on the farm, he decided he wanted to build a track to practise racing on. He was half way through it just as Kelly yelled out to him “Tea’s ready Jake!!” So he raced inside to have some tea.

In the morning, the rooster woke Jake and Kelly up at 6am. Jake went to the bathroom and had a quick shower. When he got out, he put a flannelette shirt on and a pair of shearing trousers. He went outside, fed the chooks, put hay bails out for the sheep and the cows and then he fed the pigs. By the time he had finished all of his jobs, it was lunch time. He went back into the house to see what Kelly had cooked for dinner.

After dinner he went outside and started to build the rest of his racing track. He still had lots to build but he was just so tired, so he went to bed after he had his tea.
The next morning Jake made a decision to finish the racing track. He did all his jobs, then finished the track. Finally he got his bike out and started it up. He went around the track a couple of times and on one jump he did a backflip. He then had to go around a sharp corner but he was in trouble.

He crashed his bike and landed on his back. He tried to get up but he couldn’t because his back was too painful. The first thing that came to his mind was to grab his phone. He called Kelly and told her to come up to the track. Then he called 000 and he told the operator he wanted the ambulance. Kelly arrived first and then the ambulance followed. He had to be taken to the hospital straight away.

When Jake got there he had to have an X-Ray. They couldn’t find out the result for another 30 minutes. The 30 minutes were up the results were given to Kelly first. His back wasn’t broken but the doctor said he was very lucky. Jake had to stay in bed for a couple of weeks.

Written by Lachlan Green

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!