A Journey Home

On the first day of spring Gilbert the rabbit and his Mum got up really early, to go and get some delicious carrots for breakfast. When Gilbert and his Mum got home he was so sad because his brothers and sisters were teasing him, because he is a black bunny with a white paw.
Then Gilbert ran away, far, far away. So far that he didn’t know where he was, night came very fast it was a dark cold night. Gilbert snuggled up in a pile of old crackly leaves for the night. Gilbert was woken by a scratchy noise then he popped his head up for a look and there she was. Angi the most beautiful squirrel he had ever seen.
She was lost too, so they both decided that when it was morning they will go together. So they followed a trail up a steep hill. On the other side it was like a dream, beautiful green, orange and a whole heap of other colours. They found a nice big burrow in the middle of this magical place. It was nice and cosy in side, with lots of different compartments.
Three months had passed, and one morning something just didn’t seem right. Later that day Angi heard some strange voices. Angi went straight to Gilbert. He recognised the voices straight away. He was amazed that his family found him so far from home. After that Gilbert and his family helped Angi find her family, which they did. From that day on everyone lived happily and together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!