Racism

From the first day in office he knew he should've given it up as a terrible job. If only he did then it would have stopped a horific accident occuring.

When Desmond Miken became a car mechanic he thought his problems would go away. "Desmond why are you waking up at five in the morning?" He was extremely chubby man especially around the waist, and with barely any neck, with boring blonde hair. He didn’t answer he was too busy fixing up his tie. First impressions could do go a long way he always said. He walked down stairs groaning with the immense weight. He had an unusual skip in his step but by the time he arrived at the bottom he was panting. He always hated stairs, nearly as much as cabages. The thought of them sent a tingle through his spine. He decided he would change it into an elevator. Mr Miken opened the door and the door handle fell off. He made a mental note as he got into his grandfather’s canary yellow car.

As he drove to work he noticed people were staring at the peculiar looking car. Some people were actually laughing, his faced turned bright red. He parked his car 17 blocks away but after walking one half blocks went back to the odd car and parked right in front of his workplace. “Nice car you got” Smiled a black greasy hair Asian man.” The names Boyle.”

Desmond died 8 hours later. He had been in a car crash. The investorgators said it was due to not concentrating. His funeral was attended by few people one included Mr Boyle. He knew he had caused the accident but felt o remorse for Mr Miken. Mr Miken had been a pommy after all.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!