Campsie Cup


It was a find summers day in Campsie. The 5/6M Victory and the 5/6M Angels are doing their last minutes of training before the finals of the Campsie Cup. It is a soccer tournament that is held every year from the beginning of this year.

The 5/6M Victory which are formed by boys, and they have won 11 out of12 games this season. The have scored 20 goals and their top scorer was William with 7 goals, and have let in only 3 goals which is average 1 goal every 4 games.

The 5/6M Angels which are formed by girls, and they have won 10 out of 12 games this season. They have scored 18 goals and their top scorer was Jamila with 5 goals, and they have let in 6 goals which is average 1 every 2 games.

The game started at 12 noon at Tasker Park.

Before the game stated the captains of both teams stood in the middle of the field to do a coin toss and the 5/6M’s captain Raymond Chen won the toss. So he chose the top half of the field and the girls started of.

It was scoreless for the first twenty minutes but on the 22nd minute William got his 8th goal of the season, he scored the goal from a corner kick by Chris.

Then a couple of minutes later Darren scored from a penalty kick given to him because Winnie did a handball in front of the goal area. After another five minutes Chris scored a goal from a pass from Nuhin. So that gave the boys a 3-0 lead before half time.

After half time, the girls took their chance when the boys’ key defender Jimmy Cheng rolled his ankle, to score 5 goals to lead 5-3. If Victory’s goalkeeper Raymond Chen wasn’t there, the score could have been much worse. Like the two strong kicks made by Jamila was almost unreachable for most people at his age to save.

But when Jeffrey managed to get in a goal for the boys and William got his second. The smiles were wiped of the girls’ faces.

After 90 minutes of regular time and 3 minutes of injury time the score was still a draw at 5-5. So it was brought to extra time. But after extra time the score was still deadlocked at 5-5. So they brought the game to a penalty shoot-out. After the boys have finished their penalties, and the girls were on their last kick the score was 3-3 with Jamila only needing to get this on in to win the trophy, the boys team was nervous, but Raymond Chen was the hero, he saved the penalty to bring the game to a sudden death penalty shoot out.

Fortunately, the boys won the sudden death penalty-shootout to claim the Campsie Cup for the first time in the first time this tournament was held.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!