CAN TOYS TALK?

“I wish toys could talk”, James mumbled to himself as he exited the large toy house which his father had owned for 23 years.
“I think we can".
Quick as a sonic boom the dark haired boy spun around and walked back towards the toys. He stared intently at the toys trying to identify if any toy moved. James then gave up and sighed. He then left the toy store, switched off the lights, locked the door and finally left the place alone.
Suddenly the whole toy store started crackling as the toys came to life and started moving around. But one toy in store just came out and didn’t move. Many other toys attempted to move him, but it wouldn’t budge. It had two blue eyes, tawny coloured hair and a Hawaiian styled t-shirt. He had big and sturdy muscles which apparently prevented him from moving easily. The toys wanted him to move because they desired for everyone to enjoy freedom from suffocation.
“Move already you fatty,” a rude cowboy toy shouted.
Everyone turned around as they heard an unusual type of oinking sound. Towering over them was a massive toy chicken. “WOW!” they all exclaimed with awe in their face. “MY NAME IS MR CHICKEN AND I MAY BE A FAT CHICKEN,” it roared. For some reason the shocking chicken had a pink bow-tie stretching across Mr Chicken’s broad golden head. Everyone laughed at the hilarious sight. Quickly in rage Mr Chicken’s giant fist came down to crush the tiny toys.
“NOBODY CAN LAUGH AT ME.” Another two strikes of Mr Chicken’s fists came down and knocked out many of the toys again.
Fierce footsteps then unexpectedly shook the whole store. The man wearing a Hawaiian styled t-shirt (who once was a statue) gladly started to move. He fiercely punched Mr Chicken spot on, the centre of his chest. The unusual person knee kicked Mr Chicken right into the groin. Now for the finishing move!!! A fist of fury, uppercut the weak chicken as it went flying into its toy pile. “Awesome!” somebody cheered.
“Epic!!” another toy added.
The crowd of toys cheered loudly praising the unknown man.
One toy from the crowd came to do the honour of asking his name. “Who are you?” the hot Barbie toy sizzled gracefully. “My name is Chad,” he announced loudly.
And then there was a sound that was heard above the toys. A familiar sound. A sound they heard every day. All the toys turned towards the patched wooden door. The lock was turning! They all ran towards their packages. “Hey just made it!” whispered a toy, as the door opened.
James and his dad shuffled into the room. “James, can I talk to you?” his dad mumbled miserably. “Sure dad,” James said enthusiastically.
“Our shop is broke and is going to be closing down.” Well I guess, that’s why the toys are in the dumps right now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!